- 4 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 3.5 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 to 3 cups red cabbage (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Cumin (to taste)
- Turmeric (optional, to taste)
- Cook onion and garlic in large pot over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cans black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, all of the adobo sauce and the desired number of chipotle peppters depending on heat preference. Cook for a few minutes. Use immersion blender to process until smooth. Add salt and spices to taste. Add broth to adjust to desired consistency.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cup cilantro and blend. Add remaining can of black beans and red cabbage. Continue heating until cabbage reaches desired consistency, 5-10 minutes.
- Serve, topped with cilantro.