These are good to freeze and reheat. Depending on microwave and stuffing amount, 1:30 per side at 50% power.
Makes 6 to 10 tacos depending on stuffing and tortilla size.
- 10 tortillas
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 pack frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Heat pan over medium heat. Saute the onion for 2 minutes in a little bit of oil. Add the hash browns and add additional oil. Cook until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Scramble eggs and mix in spices. Cook until slightly runny. Do not overcook.
- If planning on freezing tacos, cool cooked eggs and potatoes in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Assemble tacos with desired mix of egg, potato, and cheese. Wrap individually in wax paper and freeze if desired.