- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 c fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1 c fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 c fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- Place the garlic, parsley, cilantro, and basil in a food processor or blender and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. With the machine running, pour the olive oil through the feed tube. Add vinegar, Tabasco, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper, process until combined. With the machine running, pour the olive oil through the feed tube until it is fully incorporated. Add the juice of the limes and puree until smooth. Taste and add additional salt and pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Reserve the chimichurri sauce in the refrigerator. Once ready to use, remove it from the fridge and let sit out for at least 10 minutes as the oil in the sauce will have hardened. Stir well to combine.
Credit https://tasteinspired.wordpress.com/2011/06/29/the-best-chimichurri-sauce-ever/ via Sam