- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 poblano pepper (roasted, skin and seeds removed)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
1 lb tofu, pressed
- Extra canola oil for frying
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Roast poblano peppers - cut in half and remove seeds, coat with canola oil, roast for 20-30 minutes. Let cool and scrape off skins.
- Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, poblano pepper, garlic, cumin, oregano, tomato paste, olive oil, salt, lemon juice, sugar, and vegetable broth to blender or food processor and blend until pureed.
- Slice tofu 1/2 in thick and fry. Chop into cubes and set aside.
- In a wide pan over medium heat, saute puree for 3 minutes to develop taste.
- Add tofu to sauce and simmer 6-8 minutes, leaving sauce a little watery.
- Serve with rice, beans, and guacamole.