- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use coconut sugar)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Total 2530 cal
- Preheat oven to 300 F
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray or brush with 1 tsp. melted coconut oil
- Mix oats, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and cocoa powder together in a large bowl.
- Stir honey, sugar and vanilla extract together into measuring cup containing melted coconut oil.
- Pour the honey-oil mixture over the oat mixture.
- Stir well until all oats are coated on both sides with honey-oil mixture.
- Spread the mixture onto the oiled pan, patting down with hands.
- Bake at 300 F for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes for loose granola. For larger chunks, bake without stirring.
- Remove from oven and let cook completely.
- Break up very large chunks before storing in an air-tight container. This will keep for up to two weeks in your cupboard.