- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pound ripe fresh Black Mission Figs, stemmed and quartered
- Using a vegetable peeler, zest lemon
- Place lemon zest and all other ingredients into a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring contents to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 40-50 minutes or until mixture thickens, continuing to stir frequently so the mixture doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Pulse jam with an immersion blender to chop up the fig skins if desired.