- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smalldice dried fruit
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted nuts or seeds (toasted pumpkin seeds)
Total 2400 cal
- Heat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 5 to 15 minutes more.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. (Note: It will harden as it cools.)
- Add the fruit and nuts or seeds to the baking sheet and toss to combine. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.