Note: Substitute spinach if pea tips unavailable
- 1 Pound Plain Pizza Dough
- 1/2 Pound Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 8-Ounce Can Tomato Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Ounces Pea Tips
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Bunch Oregano
- 1 Ounce Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Total 1950 cal
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Remove the dough from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature. Peel and mince the garlic. Tear the mozzarella cheese into small pieces. Using the flat side of your knife, smash the olives; remove and discard the pits, then roughly chop the olives. Peel, halve and thinly slice the onion. Roughly chop the pea tips. Pick the oregano leaves off the stems; discard the stems.
- In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the garlic and as much of the red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add the tomato sauce; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly oil a sheet pan. On a clean, dry work surface, using your hands, gently stretch the dough to a ¼-inch thickness. (If the dough is resistant, let rest for 5 minutes.) Carefully transfer to the prepared sheet pan; rub the dough into the pan to coat the bottom in oil. Evenly spread the sauce onto the dough, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Evenly top the sauce with the mozzarella cheese, olives, feta cheese and as much of the onion as you’d like (you may have extra onion); season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating the sheet pan halfway through, 16 to 18 minutes, or until the mozzarella cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
- While the pizza bakes, place the pea tips in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, evenly top the baked pizza with the dressed pea tips and oregano. Divide ⅔ of the finished pizza between 2 dishes (you will have extra pizza). Enjoy!