- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 2 lemons - 1 zested and juiced - 1 peeled yellow part only
- 2 tbsp . olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- pinch saffron
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- A few leaves fresh basil torn
Total 1290 cal
Modified to be baked instead of traditional risotto method.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the broth, saffron and lemon peel over medium-low heat. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large pot or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until softened. Add the rice and cook for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil. Remove from stove and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed. Taste the rice to see if it’s done. If needed, add additional broth and cook for a bit longer. It should have a bite to it, but be creamy in texture.
- Remove from oven and stir in lemon juice, mascarpone and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you have any citrus salts on hand - definitely use those!
- Garnish with basil and additional grated parmesan.