- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 lemon
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 scallion
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp red chile flakes
- 2 large heads broccoli florets
- 1/2 to 1 pound rotini
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place cashews in a small bowl and add 1 cup water. Let nuts soak for at least 10 minutes. Halve and juice the lemons. Peel the garlic. Thinly slice the scallions.
- Add the pepitas, nutritional yeast, a pinch of salt, and as much of the red chile flakes as you’d like to a blender and pulse until well-chopped. Transfer the chile pepita parmesan to a small bowl, add 2 tsp olive oil, and stir.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli florets, 1/2 cup water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover, and cook until the broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender, 5 minutes. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp chile pepita parmesan.
- Add the cashews and their soaking water to the blender. Add lemon juice, peeled garlic, white miso paste, and salt and pepper. Blend the lemon miso sauce on high until smooth. Taste, and add salt as necessary.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot off heat.
- Add the lemon miso sauce to the rotini and toss well. Divide lemon miso pasta between bowls and top with broccoli and chile pepita parmesan. Sprinkle with sliced scallion.