Oven Roasted Jerk Marinated Cauliflower
- Cauliflower - 1 head, chopped
- Jerk or Cajun seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp
- Red or white wine vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil - 2 tbsp
- Jalapenos (opt) - 1, sliced, seeded if you want less heat
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
Coconut Rice and Beans
- Kidney beans - 1 can, rinsed and drained
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Coconut milk - 1 cup
- Bay leaves - 1
- Jerk or Cajun seasoning - 1 tsp
- Rice, long-grain - 1 cup
- Vegetable broth - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Beans - Rinse and drain.
- Garlic, cauliflower - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make roasting marinade - Mix together jerk or Cajun seasoning, brown sugar, cinnamon, soy sauce, vinegar, and cooking oil. Slice jalapenos and add to marinade.
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C.
- Toss cauliflower with roasting marinade and spread out onto a foil or parchment lined sheet pan. Roast for 18 to 22 minutes, shaking once midway through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper fresh out of the oven.
- Heat a Dutch oven or non-stick pot over medium-high heat for rice and beans. Pour in coconut milk, garlic, bay leaves, and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a simmer and then add rice, vegetable broth, and salt. Cover and bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice has absorbed all the liquid. Fold in beans.
Credit Cook Smarts