- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake) chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup corn meal
- 3 cups water
Total 1680 cal
- In a large skillet heat the oil. Add the onions and garlic over medium-low heat until the onions have wilted, about 8 minutes. Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to high and saute until mushrooms are tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Make polenta according to package directions.
- Remove pan from heat and pour in wine. Return pan to stove and allow wine to evaporate, about 3 minutes. Add broth and simmer for 1/2 hour until the sauce has reduced by half. Add heavy cream and mix well.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the fresh herbs and Parmesan and mix thoroughly.
- Plate polenta and top with ragu.
Credit Giada De Laurentiis