- 1 Rye Bread Boule
- 2 Ounces Arugula
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 Meyer Lemon
- 3/4 Pound Heirloom Cauliflower
- 1 Bunch Parsley
- 2 Ounces Castelvetrano Olives
- 2 Ounces Piave Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Capers
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
Total 1410 cal
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut out and discard the cauliflower core; cut the head into bite-sized florets. Medium dice the bread. Roughly chop the capers. Quarter and deseed the lemon. Cut off and discard any fennel stems. Halve the fennel bulb lengthwise; cut out and discard the core, then thinly slice the bulb crosswise. Pick the parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems. Cut off and discard the rind of the cheese; break the cheese into small pieces. Using the flat side of your knife, smash the olives; remove and discard the pits, then roughly chop the olives.
- Place the cauliflower on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange in a single, even layer and roast, stirring halfway through, 18 to 20 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and transfer to a large bowl.
- While the cauliflower roasts, place the bread on a separate sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange in a single, even layer and toast in the oven 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven.
- While the bread toasts, heat a small, dry pan on medium until hot. Add the almonds and toast, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- While the bread continues to toast, in a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, capers and the juice of all 4 lemon wedges; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To the bowl of roasted cauliflower, add the croutons, arugula, fennel, parsley, cheese, olives and toasted almonds; season with salt and pepper. Add enough of the dressing to coat the salad (you may have extra dressing); gently toss to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide between 2 plates. Enjoy!