- 6 cups water
- 2 cup soy milk
- 2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sweetener, cinnamon, etc. for mixins
- Blueberries, strawberries, etc. for topping
- In a large saucepan, combine the water and oats. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and reduce the heat to medium low and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick.
- Stir in the salt. Stir every 10 minutes and reduce heat to low to prevent scorching on the bottom. Add additional liquid until oatmeal is desired consistency.
- Add mixins as desired. Portion to containers and refrigerate for easy reheating.
- Serve with toppings after heating.