- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 lbs. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- (1) 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn kernels (1 ear of fresh corn or frozen)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 soft taco size tortillas
- 1 batch 10 Minute Homemade Enchilada Sauce or store bought
- 1.5 cups grated cheese (I used Mexican blend)
- Chopped fresh cilantro and avocado, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the spices and cook for 30 seconds, then add the sweet potato. Saute for 1 minute, then add the water and cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lower the heat a bit if the pan becomes too hot. Stir in the black beans and corn and cook for 5 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- Fill each tortilla with about ½ cup of filling and top with a bit of enchilada sauce and cheese. Roll up the tortillas and place in the prepared baking dish and top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and avocado if desired, and enjoy!