- 1 package fake bacon
- 1 red onion
- 1 large apple (or 2 small), cut into cubes that are no bigger than 1 inch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil, butter, ghee, or other solid cooking fat (if needed)
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2-3 small), peeled and cut into cubes that are no bigger than 1 inch
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
Total 990 cal
- In a medium cast iron skillet over medium to medium-low heat, cook fake bacon, set aside.
- Add onion, apples, and cinnamon. Cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add to reserved fake bacon
- If pan is dry add 1-2 tablespoons fat and allow to melt. Add sweet potatoes to pan and allow to cook undisturbed for 2 minutes.
- Stir, allow to cook for another 2 minutes undisturbed.
- Continue cooking sweet potatoes, stirring as needed to insure all sides get browned and none burn, until soft (about 5-6 more minutes, about 10 minutes total).
- Add reserved fake bacon, onion, and apples back to pan. Add sage and stir to combine and warm throughout.