Note: Substitute tortilla chips for tostadas
- 4 Corn Tortillas
- 2 Limes
- 2 Ounces Arugula
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Pound Baby Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Poblano Pepper
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Cotija Cheese
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Mexican Spice Blend (Garlic Powder, Ancho Chile Powder, Smoked Paprika, Ground Cumin & Whole Mexican Oregano)
Total 1025 cal
- Preheat the oven to 475°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise. Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Roughly chop the cilantro leaves and stems. Quarter the limes. Pit, peel and medium dice the avocado; toss with the juice of 2 lime wedges to prevent browning. Halve the poblano pepper lengthwise; remove and discard the ribs and seeds, then thoroughly wash your hands, knife and cutting board.
- Place the sweet potatoes and poblano pepper on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and the spice blend; toss to thoroughly coat. Arrange in a single, even layer, cut sides down, and roast 22 to 24 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cutting board.
- While the vegetables roast, in a small pot, combine the shallot, sugar, the juice of 2 of the remaining lime wedges and ¼ cup of water; season with salt and pepper. Heat to boiling on high. Cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes, or until thoroughly combined and the sugar has dissolved. Transfer the mixture to a heatproof bowl and set aside to pickle, stirring occasionally, for at least 10 minutes.
- While the shallot pickles, in a medium bowl, combine the avocado, cilantro and the juice of 2 of the remaining lime wedges; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork, mash the mixture to your desired consistency; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the shallot continues to pickle, lightly oil a sheet pan. Place the tortillas on the sheet pan; drizzle with a little more olive oil, flipping the tortillas to thoroughly coat. Bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown; flip and bake 1 to 3 minutes, or until browned and crispy. Remove from the oven and immediately season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, place the arugula in a bowl; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Halve the roasted sweet potatoes crosswise. Thinly slice the roasted poblano pepper. Divide the baked tortillas between 2 dishes. Spread a layer of the guacamole onto each tortilla; top with the halved sweet potatoes and as much of the sliced poblano pepper as you’d like, depending on how spicy you’d like the dish to be. Garnish with the pickled shallot (draining just before adding), dressed arugula and cheese. Serve with the remaining lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!