- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 16 oz seitan or tempeh
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 2 avocado
- 2 orange
- 2 tomato
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork, halve them lengthwise, and transfer to a baking sheet. Rub potatoes with 1 tsp of vegetable oil each and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes until fork tender, about 20 to 22 minutes.
- Peel and dice the onion. Peel and mince the garlic. Roughly chop the seitan.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Once hot, add the diced onion and cook until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the minced garlic, chopped seitan, and taco seasoning and cook until the seitan is crispy in places, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Dice the flesh and add to a large bowl. Peel and chop the orange into bite-sized pieces. Chop the tomato. Chop the cilantro stems, keeping the leaves whole. Add the chopped orange, chopped tomato, chopped cilantro stems, and cilantro leaves to the bowl and toss with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the sweet potatoes are finished, turn right side up and using a fork, mash the flesh slightly. Stuff with the crispy seitan and citrus avocado salsa. Enjoy!