- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tsp siracha
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound firm or extra firm tofu
- Press the tofu. Slice it into strips on its short side. Strips should be about 1/8 inch thick. The strips will shrink. Experiment with thickness and baking time.
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Put the tofu in a single layer in a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet and pour the marinade over it. Let soak for several hours or overnight. For fast preparation, dip the strips in the marinade.
- Drain excess marinade (may be reused) and dry tofu in food dehydrator or warm (200 degrees F) oven. This will take 2 to 8 hours for thicker slices.
- Flip the tofu over hourly so it dries evenly. Tofu jerky is delicious and keeps indefinitely. Dry the jerky until it is very chewy, but not crispy.
Each block of tofu makes about one baking sheet of jerkey. Double or quadruple the recipe to use the full oven space.