- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups plant milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a pot, mix cocoa powder, sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually pour in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once it just starts to bubble on the edges, reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring often, until thickened, about 2 minutes. The pudding will continue to thicken and set as it cools, so it doesn’t need to be fully thick at this point.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Transfer to a container. Refrigerate 2 hours until cold and set. Keeps for 1 week in the refrigerator.